3.01.2008

...letting the water hold us down. Letting the days go by...water flowing underground


I spoke on the phone with my grandfather today. He's about 85 now, and has survived the Great Depression, World War II, Vietnam, Reagan, and two Bushes. He is a Doctor of Philosophy and an ordained Methodist minister. I'm his only grandson, and I'm more than a little worried that I haven't lived up to that.

With the way the past year or so has gone, it's become possible to accept that I won't have him for much longer. When I spoke to him today, he sounded very tired, but very pleased to hear from me. I don't call him enough.

Being an adult was a project I started accidentally about three years ago. After much procrastination, I'm trying to catch up.

It's going slowly.

Nathaniel Tyson

No comments: