3.03.2008

Best Albums of 2007: Announcement and Honorable Mentions



Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce my plans tonight to unveil...

The First Hollow Chatter Countdown Ever!


As a small writing exercise, I'm going to write capsule reviews of my fifteen favorite albums from last year. I figure I may as well turn this into my first set of serial posts ever. I'll start tonight and hopefully wrap up Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyone who knows me knows I love lists, but I have imposed some limits on the amount I'm gonna post on the blog. This will be my first real one.

Entry #15 should be arriving later tonight, but here's a sneak-peek of the almost-made-its:

The Unchosen Finalists for My Top 15 Albums of 2007 (ie, #s 16-30)

16. Iron & Wine - The Shepard's Dog
17. Feist – The Reminder
18. LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver
19. Kanye West – Graduation
20. The Fiery Furnaces – Widow City
21. Stars of the Lid – And Their Refinement of the Decline
22. Menomena – Friend & Foe
23. Lil Wayne – The Carter III
24. Caribou – Andorra
25. M.I.A. – Kala
26. The Dirty Projectors – Rise Above
27. Frog Eyes – Tears of the Valedictorian
28. Liars – Liars
29. Radiohead – In Rainbows
30. The Besnard Lakes – The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse

If the runners-up are that good, you know the list will be worth reading...right?

Nathaniel Tyson

No comments: