3.05.2008

Top Albums of 2007: #01 Panda Bear - Person Pitch



#01. Panda Bear - Person Pitch

(I have reached the end of the countdown. I don't feel like writing much. I hope you understand.)

Person Pitch has occupied this spot since the first time I heard it. It's top ten of all time material for me. May surpass Sung Tongs in my estimation kinda good. That's a lot coming from me.

But, to use less extreme words: it's an endlessly listenable album. Some have argued that its basically musical hypnosis, but I feel like that could be applied to almost any low key electronica, so I ain't buyin.

It's just perfect. Every second of it. Oh my sweet Jesus, I love this album.

I'm gonna listen to it right now.

(download it here [momentarily])

Nathaniel Tyson

PS:

For the Hell of it, the entire rest of the list, with ALL the runners-up (ie, albums that I thought about possibly including with any seriousness, roughly kinda ranked)...

02. of Montreal – Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
03. Radical Face – Ghost
04. Les Savy Fav – Let’s Stay Friends
05. Dan Deacon – Spider-Man of the Rings
06. Black Moth Super Rainbow – Dandelion Gum
07. No Age – Weirdo Rippers
08. Studio – Yearbook 1
09. The Field – From Here We Go Sublime
10. Spoon – Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
11. Marissa Nadler – Songs III: Bird on the Wire
12. Animal Collective – Strawberry Jam
13. Gui Boratto – Chromophobia
14. Burial – Untrue
15. Lil Wayne – Da Drought 3

16. Iron & Wine – The Shepard’s Dog
17. Feist – The Reminder
18. LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver
19. Kanye West – Graduation
20. The Fiery Furnaces – Widow City
21. Stars of the Lid – And Their Refinement of the Decline
22. Menomena – Friend & Foe
23. Lil Wayne – The Carter III
24. Caribou – Andorra
25. M.I.A. – Kala
26. The Dirty Projectors – Rise Above
27. Frog Eyes – Tears of the Valedictorian
28. Liars – Liars
29. Radiohead – In Rainbows
30. The Besnard Lakes – The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse

31. Wolves in the Throne Room – Two Hunters
32. Sally Shapiro – Disco Romance
33. Modest Mouse – We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank
34. Yeasayer – All Hour Cymbals
35. A Sunny Day in Glasgow – Scribble Mural Comic Journal
36. Glasscandy – B/E/A/T/B/O/X
37. Ghostface Killah – The Big Doe Rehab
38. Those Dancing Days – Those Dancing Days EP
39. The Tough Alliance – A New Chance
40. Battles – Mirrored
41. Deerhoof – Friend Opportunity
42. Paramore – RIOT!
43. Sunset Rubdown – Random Spirit Lover
44. The Arcade Fire – Neon Bible
45. Justice – (cross)
46. Handsome Furs – Plague Park
47. Joanna Newsom - Joanna Newsom and the Ys Street Band EP

No comments: